Friday 25 January 2013

He may be little but watch out....!!

I'm a HUGE fan of all things Lili of the Valley. Their stamps are just beautiful, but if it's a ready made topper you're after then you will adore their range. They also have an outlet shop on ebay which is great for prices and choices.
With the jungle collection you get 4 topper sheets; 4 backing papers and 4 sheets of sentiments :-)

I've gone for the little tiger on this card. Once I cut it out I wanted to ink it up a little and it definitely called for a little Tim Holtz!

I used 'spiced marmalade' and 'brushed corduroy' the brush you can see comes in a pack of 3 and they are amazing. The create such a smooth finish and I prefer them to the pads. You can find them on www.joannasheen.com.
Next comes some fun with embossing folders and core-indations stock :-) Don't know about you but I never get tired of the sanding bit and revealing the pattern!!
I used two embossing folders here. First is from creative expressions and can be used for paths or animal skin (reminds me of a crocodile); second is 'spots and dots' form Crafts-Too. My local craft shop stocks this range and the link is on my front page - go to 'Art of Craft'. On the final card, you'll see that I inked the embossed card to finish it off. The spiced marmalade brings it out brilliantly!

Then it's just a case of putting everything together.
The card base is Docrafts Kraftstax card and envelopes - the rough brown works well with this. Much better than a stark white card would. Next green cardstock with a sheen - use a nail file to roughen up the edges.
Cut two strips of patterned paper and ink up the edges.
Tear your strip of dark green card for the centre and ink edges with white ink (Docrafts dye based ink pad is great for this and it's only £2)
Layer up your embossed card and topper. Finish your tiger off with glossy accents on his stripes.
Lastly, cut two banners and add sentiment.


This card is heading to a little boy in the post so I've kept it relatively flat because of posting. If you're hand delivering then have more fun with height and embellishments. Hope you like :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment