Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Today it bittersweet for me as I get to celebrate being a mum to my beautiful twins but also miss my mum who sadly died 6 years ago.

So, rather than get sombre I'm taking kids down to our allotment to get digging and plant a few flowers :-)

Here's a commission I was asked to make for a friends mum. Her mum loves the sentiment 'Mothering Sunday' rather than 'Happy Mother's Day'. Problem is, try finding a fun card in the shops with that sentiment.

This is was I love about cardmaking, we can bring someone else's thoughts to life and help them give a card that has real meaning. And who better to deliver that sentiment that this little guy...


The decoupage is from docrafts new spring collection range as are the fab backing papers. The die cuts are my much used Xcut range of scalloped and standard oval nesting dies.
The lovely heart doily die you can see behind the flowers is Xcut's heart die and I've cut it from vellum which comes out beautifully.
The sentiment was done on the computer.

 
So, whatever your day looks like today, enjoy xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card you've made. The sweet little image is just perfect. Totally delightful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa! This is a beautiful card, and I'm sure your friends Mum will love it. I think Mothering Sunday sounds much more enveloping and loving... but I think here in Australia it has always been called Mother's Day. I hope your plantings at the allotment bloom and bloom!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete