Tuesday 16 April 2013

Diamonds are a girls best friend.....

So April's product focus is the fabulous Hougie Board.

Type Hougie into my search box and you'll find other makes using it.
 
Tonight I've made a diamond fold card and it's from Hougie Project Book 3.
 
Head over to www.hougiecrafts.com to spend your pennies :-)
 
 
As with all the projects I'm posting, they are there to give you ideas and get you interested in the Hougie as I think it's amazing.
 
I won't be posted 'how' to make the card as that wouldn't be fair to the hard work of it's creator - Kay Rutter.
 
I've used Hunkydory 'adorable scorable' card here which is vibrant and a brilliant base for any card.
 
 
The main section at the front I've decorated with free hand circle's cut from Forever Friends Ultimate Decoupage kit that docrafts released in January. It's a fab range of different backing papers and of course lots of the bear in different guises. This goes to show the versatility of the pack as you don't always have the use the bear...

 
I used the flower backing paper and cut out some of the flowers to use as embellishments :-)
 
The buttons are from my stash and add a little extra depth. All the papers were inked with Papermania pink dye based ink pad. The faux stitching is achieved with your pokey tool and mouse mat!

 
Here's a view of the card from a side angle so you can see all the score lines and notice how there's no cracking in my card! This is thanks to doing the 'hougie trick' :-))
 
I'll work on another project this weekend. If you've seen something in the projects books you'd like to see made up then get in touch. I'd love to hear from you :-)
 
Have a good week.
 
Teresa xx
 
Challenges entered:
 
 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love all the details and the colors are perfect!

    Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs!

    Sandy S
    SSDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the buttons! Looks very unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that's some ultra fancy folding. Really love the colors you have used.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Melonheadz friends challenges. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Teresa! I love the folding and the wonderful flowers and buttons!
    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the buttons. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shape card, love all the elements on your card....Thanks for joining Scribbles Designs Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I have never tried that fold. Love your use of the buttons, Thanks for playing along with Clear it Out for the Button up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Love the colours and flowers. A touch of stitching is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete